Suppliers and producers in the tunnel and covered farming sector should not miss the Undercover Farming Expo, which will be, at the CSIR International convention centre, Brummeria, Pretoria.
The Expo is the initiative of the publication Undercover Farming, which has been focusing on intensive farming techniques and farming industries for more than seven years.
Undercover farming has become part of an international phenomena to cope with less water, higher temperatures, pollution and increased dryness of soil. With covered farming the growth season is extended and income is increased.
The following can be expected when visiting the Undercover Farming Expo:
- Technologies adopted by South African hydroponic and horticultural farmers for increased production;
- The hydroponic and horticultural farmer will have the chance to learn about different technologies and products in the market;
- Leading international speaker and experts will be discussing key issues in the market, speaking about current affairs impacting producers;
…and much, much more!!
SUNPERL HORTICULTURAL PELRITE
We at Sun Silicates play a crucial part in the hydroponic and horticulture industry.
Sun Silicates is the only company in South Africa that manufacture both SunPerl horticultural perlite and horticultural vermiculite, which are the two most important sub-starters in a growing medium.
WHY THE HORTICULTURAL AND HYDROPONIC FARMER PREFER SUNPERL HORTICULTURAL PERLITE RATHER THAN ANY OTHER PERLITE –
- SunPerl horticultural perlite is a 100% sterile, meaning that it cannot contaminate your seeds or plants.
- SunPerl horticultural perlite is very light; it has a low bulk density 60 – 80 kg/m2. This means that SunpPerl horticulture perlite will aerate your soil and provide oxygen to the roots of your plants, which will cause the roots to develop excellently and quicker than normal.
- SunPerl horticulture perlite absorbs about 80% of its own weight in water. SunPerl horticulture perlite than holds the water in such an excellent manner that the root zone of the plants always has the correct amount of water.
- Although the SunPerl horticultural perlite absorbs the water, it also drains the excess water, ensuring that the plants roots do not rot.
SunPerl horticulture perlite is a cost-effective growing medium. Perlite has superior capillary attraction of water and nutrients, ensuring that none of the aforementioned are wasted.
If a hydroponic/horticulture farmer use our SunPerl horticultural perlite he, he will without a doubt be using the Rolls Royce of growing media in the industry!
SUNPERL HORTICULTURAL VERMICULITE
Vermiculite is a hydrated magnesium aluminium silicate mineral and can be found in various countries across the world. The vermiculite mineral is non-carcinogenic and 100% safe to use.
WHY USE SUNPERL VERMICULITE IN THE HYDROPONIC AND HORTICULTURAL INDUSTRY?
- SunPerl horticultural vermiculite, as like SunPerl horticultural perlite, is 100% sterile and can’t contaminate the seeds or plants.
- SunPerl horticultural vermiculite aerates the plants soil, providing more oxygen to the root area. This causes excellent root development.
- SunPerl horticultural vermiculite absorbs 200% of its own weight in water, leading to less water and nutrients being wasted.
- SunPerl horticultural vermiculite has excellent draining capabilities, as long as you regulate your water usage.
- SunPerl horticultural vermiculite has an excellent cation-exchange capacity (CEC) and buffering capacity. Vermiculite also protects groundwater from cation contamination, furthermore it supplies potassium and magnesium, which has an important role to play in the formation of chlorophyll and photosynthesis.
When using SunPerl horticultural vermiculite and SunPerl vermiculite, along with a nutritional growing media like peat moss or compost, every hydroponic or horticultural farmer with have quality plants or seeds that will exceed all expectations!
Come and visit the Sun Silicates team at their stand at the Undercover Farming Expo 2017 for all your growing needs, troubleshooting and information. The Undercover Farming Expo 2017 is being held at the CSIR International convention centre on the 7th and 8th of March 2017. See you there!
Alternatively, please visit our website www.sunsilicates.co.za for more information.